How To Choose The Best Bath Chair For Disabled People
Bath chairs are designed for those who have some kind of problem in standing for a shower. It is a kind of assistive device that eases the life of disabled people so that they can manage their routine shower needs without taking help from others. Having a good bath chair at home can ensure a great peace of mind for the caretakers as well. But many people fail to choose the right product from the wide range of competitive collections in the market.
- DRAINAGE HOLES-The Universal Bath seat is easy to assemble, no tools required. The seat features drainage holes to eliminate water pooling to provide a more comfortable experience.
- EXTRA-LARGE SEATING AREA-This seat comfortably holds up to 400-pounds. It has an extra-large seating area for added comfort and stability as well as handles on both sides of the seat.
- CONVENIENT NOTCH FOR SHOWER SPRAY-The Universal Bath seat offers a convenient notch on the side of the chair to hold a hand held shower spray. Easily shampoo and rinse when desired.
- PATENTED EXACT LEVEL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS-The seat fits into virtually every tub and shower. The innovative design keeps a level seat with its exact level height adjustments. The seat adjusts from 16 – 21 inch.
If you are also facing the same difficulty in selection of best bath chair for disabled people, go through the tips below to ease your decision-making process:
Check weight capacity:
The first most feature that you need to consider while buying a bath chair is the maximum weight capacity. These chairs are easily available in a number of size ranges with variable weight capacity from 250 pounds to 400 pounds. You need to pick a bath chair that has the power to handle body mass of disabled person at the shower.
- Transfer bench is reversible to accommodate any bathroom
- A-frame provides additional stability while Euro-style clip ensures a secure fit
- Height adjusts in 1/2″ increments with unique “Dual Column” extension legs; Large, locking, suction cups for added safety
- Tool-free assembly of back, legs, and arm and no exposed hardware to injure patient
- Overall Dimensions: 32.5″(L) x 24″(W) x 30″(H); Seat Dimensions: 16.5″(D) x 26.5″(W) x 18.5″-23.5″(H); Outside Legs: 24″(D) x 32.5″(W); Weight Capacity: 500 lbs
There are several types of materials that can be used for the construction of assistive bath chairs. Many of these products are composed using plastic materials, but you can also buy the durable aluminum chair at a reasonable price.
- UNIVERSAL CHAIR FOR SHOWERS OR TUBS: The DR MAYA SHOWER CHAIR is the solution to those that want to feel safe and secure when bathing in the bath or shower; with its adjustable height and wide, white hard plastic seat, it is easy to use; it comes a gift box ready for giving that includes a FREE suction cup assistance shower handle; no tools required easy assembly;
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: With a wider height adjustment range of 12 inches to 19.5 inches than its competitors, the DR MAYA SHOWER CHAIR’s seat is also larger than most at 10.62 by 17.32 inches; another special feature are the base dimensions of its legs at ground level that are smaller than others, being 12 inches by 14 inches, so it fits more bathtubs and showers than larger based ones;
- MADE OF QUALITY MATERIALS: The DR MAYA Medical SHOWER CHAIR is made of four heavy duty anodized aluminum legs, so it will not rust or corrode over time; the plastic bowed seat has 8 drainage holes plus 2 wide seat handles for easy gripping, lifting, and extra safety; anti-slip rubber feet are on each leg offering more support and no sliding on a wet surface; the bench seat is lightweight yet durable and strong, able to hold up to 300 pounds.
People often look for a compact shower chair that can easily fit their standard shower room; however, not all showers are of the same size. Hence, buyers can make a selection for basic size chairs or the larger one as per their personal needs.
- Feature padded removable arms for both comfort when sitting for an extended period and safety when getting out of the chair
- Height adjustable from 16″ to 20″ in 1″ increments
- Features a large, texturized 13″ x 16″ seat
- Aluminum, anodized frame to prevent rust and frame turning color
- Sturdy construction will hold up to 300lbs
- The maximum recommended weight is 300 pounds
- Feature padded removable arms for both comfort and safety
- Also features a large, texturized seat and an aluminum, anodized frame to prevent rust and frame turning color
- User weight limit: 300 pounds. Height adjustable in 1 Inch increments
Some people need a chair with wheels that can ensure easy and safe transfers to and out of showers. Few designs of bath chairs are also available without wheels where a safe grip helps to prevent the chair from sliding in baths. You can pick any of these as per your need.
- Bench is portable and easy to store
- Provides a safe and secure bench for your bathing needs
- Comes with sturdy handle for support and drainage holes to eliminate water pooling
- Rubber stops on the bottom help protect your tub from scratches during use
- Overall Dimensions: 30.5″(L) x 14.5″(W) x 5″(H); Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
Many patients have fixed requirements about back support on shower chairs. People that are completely dependent on their caregivers often need chairs with lean back to ease the bathing process. Few chairs are also designed with advanced recumbent features where leg rests, and backrests can be reclined as pe need.
- SAFE & RELIABLE: Our innovative Swivel Sliding Transfer Bench (77662) by Eagle Health Supplies makes getting into and out of the bathtub easier, safer, and will give you or your loved ones a sense of confidence, safety, and steadiness in the bathroom. It can give you the independence and dignity to bathe yourself without assistance. Or it can help you or caregivers assist your loved ones in the bathroom.
- INNOVATIVE & CONVENIENT: Easily swivel and glide into the bathtub or shower without having to scoot across the seat like a conventional transfer bench. And our swivel sliding bench can help you save money by costing thousands $$$ less than installing an expensive walk-in bathtub or shower. Includes adjustable safety belt. This bench can be assembled to face either the right or the left (with the side panel with handlebar installed on either the right or left side of the bench).
- SWIVEL SEAT: Our swivel seat turns 360° and locks every 90°. SLIDING: Seat glides over durable, polished aluminum-tube sliding rails. LOCKS SECURELY: Seat locks at each end of the sliding rails. COMFORTABLE FIT: Comfortable molded plastic seat and back with textured finish and seat drainage holes. STRONG: Built with rust-proof, lightweight, high-strength aluminum frame. EASY TO ASSEMBLE: No tools required. HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE: To fit the user and tub clearance. HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY (400 lbs)
- SPECIFICATIONS: Seat Size: 17.75″ x 14.75″. Seat Height: 18.75″ – 23″. Base Length: 39″ – 40″ (Regular) (From outside-leg tip to outside-leg tip). Base Depth: 18.5″ – 20.5″. Max Tub Clearance: 18.5″. Back Height from Floor: 32.5″ – 36.75″. Sliding Distance: 19″. Weight Capacity: 400 lbs. LONGER LENGTHS AVAILABLE: #77682 (Base Length 43″-44″), and #77692 (Base Length 48″-49″).
While buying a bath chair for a disabled person, it is important to make analysis for all the above factors so that you can ensure maximum comfort for the user.